Mission of the Institute
· To develop the profession to ensure that it has the knowledge, skills and expertise to be essential to the success of organisations.
To promote the role and value of the profession to ensure that it is recognised as essential to success.
• The CIAP must be representative of the internal audit profession.
• The CIAP must generate sufficient income to be able to support its activities
• Promote the value of the profession effectively and achieve influence
• Develop more effective market analysis, marketing strategy and sales functions to increase membership across identified key sectors and improve member satisfaction
• Improve and increase engagement with Heads of Internal Audit, as key to the CIAP’s success in recruiting new members, getting more people to take our qualifications, contributing to the leadership and development of the Institute and as advocates for the Institute and the profession
• Increase focus on customer service
• Build on our knowledge-based services, capitalising on the strength of our qualifications and technical support and international demand for our chartered qualifications, whilst also seeking to embrace the global CIA qualification
• Sharpen our commercial focus with regard to training, tuition and partnerships to generate sufficient income to support our costs and ensure sustainability
• Ensure our ‘back-office’ and member management systems are up to the job of supporting our objectives and promoting our efficiency and effectiveness
Click here to read Essential to Success, an update on our achievement of our strategy